Volunteers have been YMCAs' greatest strength for over 150 years. The YMCA movement
was founded by a volunteer and did not have any paid staff until the founding of its 51st
YMCA. Each year, YMCAs' commitment to volunteers grows stronger.
Become a volunteer!
Examples of volunteer opportunities include:
- Mentor or tutor a child
- Coordinate a group project
- Teach swimming lessons
- Read to a group of children
- Coach a Youth Sports team
- Serve as a front desk greeter
- Referee a Youth Sports game
- Serve as an Annual Fund campaigner
- Assist with the maintenance or landscaping
- Serve as a special event committee member
- Assist with an activity during a Family Night Celebration
- Assist with one of our many birthday parties for our youngsters
- Get started by filling out the Penobscot Bay YMCA Volunteer Application Form
To Volunteer: Volunteer Application
1. Print out volunteer application form.
2. Complete, sign and date application.
3. Mail with position name to:
Human Resource Department
Penobscot Bay YMCA
P.O. Box 840
Rockport, Maine 04856
Thank you for interest in volunteering with the Penobscot Bay YMCA.